Sunday, December 30, 2012

Special Post-Christmas Something Great Sunday!

Hey everyone! I know I'm interrupting the end-of-the-year lists for this Something Great Sunday, but fret not, as they will resume - and end - tomorrow! For now, I want to do a special edition of SGS and let you guys all know all of the great media that I got for Christmas! Yes, this is fairly brag-y, but I'm really excited and I want to share it all with you.





1. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski - God, I am SO EXCITED to read this book! I heard about it a long time ago and borrowed it from the library, but it was way too long for me to read before I had to take it back. But now it's all mine! And I can take my sweet time reading it. It looks so weird and scary and cool, and I'll definitely let you guys know how it is!



2. The Best American Comics of 2012 - I adore the Best American Comics series (I already own 2010 and 2011), and I'm always excited to get a peek into all the new comics I should be reading. From what I've read so far, this year's batch promises to be weird and awesome. Plus, there's a whole new Kids Comics section! I'm definitely going to show that to my brothers.



3. ParaNorman on DVD - I actually didn't even ask for this movie, yet my mom knew to get it for me anyway! Seriously, this movie is incredible, and if you haven't seen it yet, you really need to. Maybe you can borrow it from me! (That was a joke - I don't lend out movies).



4. Girls Season 1 on DVD - It's really fortuitous that my mom bought me this box set, because I'm trying to get some of my college friends into this show before the new season starts on January 13th, and this will make it a lot easier. Girls is a great show and you should be watching it.



5. A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel by Madeleine L'Engle and Hope Larson - A Wrinkle in Time has been really important to me ever since I was in elementary school, so when I found out Hope Larson was adapting it into a graphic novel, I flipped out. I've only just started reading it, but so far I think she's done a really good job of capturing the atmosphere and tone of the original book with her illustrations. Maybe one day I'll do something like this!



6. Amélie on DVD - Amélie is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I'm really excited that I get to own it now and watch it whenever I want! I really need to watch it with subtitles off so I can practice my French.



7. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations for Nintendo DS - God, I'm so behind on the Ace Attorney games. I've only played two! Thank God I now have this one. I've barely started playing it, but I'm so stoked about being able to play as Mia Fey! I've always thought she was totally cool (albeit dead).



8. Moonrise Kingdom on DVD - So, I got really depressed because this is pretty much my favorite movie of the year, if not one of my favorites ever, and when I watched it with my mom and step-dad they kind of hated it? This movie is so important to me at this point that it felt like a personal attack when they were complaining about how "bad" it was. Seriously guys, it's the exact opposite of bad. It's incredible. I'm so happy that I get to own it.



9. Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! for Nintendo 3DS - I love Adventure Time, and this game is really fun! But it's really easy and quick. I've had it for five days and I'm almost done with it, and I play games sloooowwwlly. It's still fun, though, and I'm going to make my brothers play it when I'm finished.



10. This awesome sweater - I love Out of Print's clothing, especially their sweaters, and they discontinued their Catcher in the Rye sweater, which is gorgeous and features my favorite cover art of all time, but as soon as they began to make these Brave New World sweaters, I HAD to get one. Brave New World is one of my favorite books, and if I must say so, the sweater looks adorable on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment