Sunday, February 3, 2013

Something Great Sunday 2-3-13

Woooo!! It's February! I don't know about you, but I think January was a real drag, and I'm excited for it to be over. We draw ever closer to spring, my friends. I'm posting this late because I didn't want to miss the halftime show at the Superbowl, and I'm glad I didn't, because...





1. Beyoncé's Halftime Performance - GOOD GOD THIS WOMAN IS TALENTED. I think I'm genuinely in love with her after this performance. She's so good, you guys. You have to watch if you haven't seen it already.



2. Watching The Avengers with my family - None of them had ever seen it before! Can you believe it? Ironically, my little brother, Ben, was the only one who didn't really watch it, and he was the one who ended up enjoying it the most. Who else is excited for the sequel??




3. "Let's Live For Today" by The Grass Roots - For some reason, I'm totally obsessed with this song. I played it for Kitty and she told me that when she was little she actually saw the Grass Roots live! Apparently her grandparents were huge fans and her whole family went and saw them. Go figure!



4. Monster Pulse Book 1 Kickstarter - I know it seems like I'm on some kind of a kick with backing people's projects, but I really just ADORE Magnolia Porter's webcomic Monster Pulse. It's so good, it's probably one of the best webcomics on the Internet right now. Go back it so you can get a copy of her book 1, and go read it!



5. Wavves' "Demon To Lean On" - I love Wavves, and I'm totally psyched to hear about their new album! It comes out in March, and after hearing this first new single, I can't wait to get my hands on it.


6. Hourly Comic Day - Every year on February 1st is Hourly Comic Day, where people document their day by drawing a comic strip every hour! Pretty straight-forward. I didn't get to do it this year because I was in the car or in class most of the day, but there are lots of other really great comics that people put out! You can check out some really good ones here.



7. Kitty's D.A.I.S.Y. Rage EP - If you're not listening to Kitty (formerly known as Kitty Pryde), what are you doing? I've loved her ever since "Okay Cupid," and this new EP makes me want to buy all of her other releases. It's so good! I'm going to really, really try to post a review sometime this week.



8. Watching Batman Begins with my dad - This movie was showing on TNT over the weekend, and my dad and I tuned in. I genuinely forgot how important Batman is to me (that is, VERY) and was reminded of it. I will be eternally grateful to Batman for getting me into comic books and superheroes when I was very young. I love you, Batman!!



9. Elvis Costello - When I went home to see my family this weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Ben has gotten into Elvis Costello! I immediately gave him my dad's Best of Elvis mixes so he could have it on his iPod. Elvis Costello is so cool, guys. My favorite of his songs is "I Want You." What's yours?



10. The end of 30 Rock - Okay, so this isn't really something great. In fact, it's pretty sad. But you know what IS great? How awesome this show has been consistently since it began. I'm really going to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment